* Résumé in Text format. * Résumé in Microsoft Word format.
36 Stoneshire Drive E-mail: email@example.com
Glassboro, NJ 08028 USA Home Page: http://www.jersey.net/~inkwell
Phone: (609) 307 0570 Fax: (609) 307 0564
Writer and editor with experience in computer, business and lifestyle topics. Humor and computing columnist for multiple international publications. Co-author of major computing book.
WRITING AND PUBLISHING EXPERIENCE
The InkWell Writing and Editing Services, Glassboro, New Jersey. 1993 to present.
- Co-author, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Excel for Windows 95. Published by Macmillan, September 1995. Currently writing follow-up volume for Office 97 upgrade.
- Columnist. Produce regular business and computing columns for Columbia Business Times, PCWorld, Feel Good Alberta, other magazines and newspapers.
- Write weekly business-oriented humor column for Hong Kong newspaper.
- Write articles and software reviews for business and technical trade magazines.
Senior Laboratory Technician/Technical Writer, Siemens AG, Cherry Hill, New Jersey. 1977 to present.
- Wrote ISO 9000 standards procedures for ROLM Communications manufacturing facility.
- Wrote software for locally-developed test equipment for worldwide distribution to Siemens facilities.
- Contributed work for publication to corporate newsletter.
- Wrote and produced occasional divisional newsletter.
- Wrote and produced product literature.
BUSINESS AND TECHNICAL BACKGROUND
Communication Technician, Dow Jones Co., Princeton, New Jersey. 1981.
Provided technical support for communications department.
Test Technician, MKD Corporation, Cherry Hill, New Jersey. 1975 to 1977.
Tested and repaired electronic equipment.
Computer hardware consultant, DGM&S, Mt. Laurel, New Jersey. 1992 to 1995.
Provided maintenance, installation and upgrades for communications equipment on a project basis.
Computer hardware consultant, DSA Inc., Pennsauken, New Jersey. 1990 to 1993.
Maintained, installed, upgraded communications equipment.
Camden College. Blackwood, New Jersey. Major: Communications. Coursework in communications, creative writing, persuasive writing, as well as numerous software engineering courses.
Dow-Jones Training Program. Princeton, New Jersey. 1980. Trained in communications equipment installation and maintenance.
Publishing: Skilled desktop publisher. Produce computer-generated graphics and artwork by special assignment. Can also produce slides, cartooning, and business graphics.
Software: Thorough knowledge of most commercial PC software. Experience in variety of Internet, intranet, communications, desktop publishing, spreadsheet, database, word processors and niche products.
Hardware: Extensive experience with PC hardware and peripherals, most DEC minicomputers, variety of communications equipment.
Computer programming: Programming experience in FORTH, Professional Basic (Microsoft), PAL, FORTRAN, C++, QBASIC, PDP-11 Assembly Language. Can do database, spreadsheet, and macro programming.
Languages: English, French
Excellent business and personal references will be provided upon request.